Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lil Wayne - Jimi Hendrix - Tom Waits - The Via Maris - The Whigs

Lil Wayne

Photobucket

There must be some sort of indie-kid summit where bearded dudes in ironic t-shirts and frumpy "drama club" type girls get together and make decisions on what kind of things all "indie kids" are going to consider cool. Remember when they were all boners for Kelly Clarkson?

I guess at the last meeting they all decided that Lil Wayne was going to be the new ironic choice for indie- kids world wide. I can't tell you how many giddy e-mails and text messages I have gotten this week now that Lil Wayne's new album "Tha Carter III" leaked. So I gave in and asked a friend to send it to me.

I'm going to wait to listen to it until this weekend so I bump it in my car on the way to the beach. For some reason rap music always sounds better to me in the car. Stay tuned.

Jimi Hendrix

Photobucket

I'm watching a pretty rad Jimi Hendrix documentary right now on PBS (thank God I don't have to watch Deal or No Deal) and it made me think of these videos I saw a while back. Here's Jimi and The Experience in Vancouver in 1968.


Vancouver Interview - Part One


Vancouver Interview - Part Two


Tom Waits

Photobucket

Has anyone seen this movie Wristcutters: A Love Story? It's a great movie and Tom Waits is in it too!! Can't ask for much more than a good flick and Tom Waits.

Scene From Wristcutters



The Via Maris


Photobucket


My friends from Phoenix The Via Maris just released their second album, "The Bicentennial" and I think it deserves some attention here. It really is a perfect folk-pop record. I love when artists take the time to make records like this - solid from start to finish.


www.myspace.com/theviamaris


The Whigs

Photobucket

I've really needed a band like The Whigs. They rock. David Letterman thinks so too...


No comments: