Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Wombats - Sigur Ros - Liz Phair - Tricky - Demetri Martin

The Wombats

Photobucket

The Wombats released their debut album "A Guide to Love, Loss & Desperation" today and I like it a lot. They aren't reinventing the wheel here - it's just fun pub music to sing along to while you raise a pint to your mates.

Here's the video for their first single "Let's All Dance to Joy Division."



Sigur Ros

Photobucket

Sigur Ros has a new album out called, "með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust,” whatever the fuck that means. The first single is called, "Gobbledigook." Don't worry, I thought it said Gobble Dick too. You can download the single for free on their website. It's good.

Sigur Ros "Gobbledigook"



Liz Phair

Photobucket

This week marks the 15th anniversary of Liz Phair's groundbreaking album "Exile in Guyville," and it is being re-released with a special edition DVD too. Not too shabby.

This album really was a landmark for the so called "indie-movement" of the early nineties, and while she never really got main stream success like Jewwl or Tracey Chapman, Liz Phair paved the way for all of them. This album is a must have for anyone.

Exile in Guyville Trailer



Liz Phair "Never Said"


Tricky

My old friend Tricky has a new single. It's been a while since he's put anything out and it's always great to hear new music from him. A few years back I was hanging out with Tricky and his crew here in Hollywood and he gave me the best compliment I think I have ever gotten.

Here's a rough transcript of the conversation.

Tricky: You're cool, man.

Me: Thanks.


Tricky passes me the joint

Tricky: No, seriously. You're cool, man.

Me: Thanks, Tricky. You're cool too, man.

Tricky: No, seriously. You're way cooler than Jay-Z.


That's right, Jay-Z. I win.




Demetri Martin

Photobucket

I've always thought that Demetri Martin was really funny, but it wasn't until I found some clips of his show, "Is I" that I realized how smart he is. Watch this and laugh your ass off...

Part 1



Part 2



Part 3



Part 4



Part 5



More Jokes

No comments: